Tuesday 21 January 2014

Quick Getaway

I have only just realised I never posted this finished painting on the blog.
  Quick Getaway
Watercolour / Gouache
24 x 31cm

This painting was partly inspired by the moonlit paintings of Atkinson Grimshaw and with any good night-time scene you have to have the moon silhouetting the branches of a gnarled tree in winter - it's the law.

The pub which the sly fox is running away from is base on the Wagon & Horses at Beckhampton which is about 7miles from where I live. It has the most fantastic thatched roof and stonework, much better than anything I could have imagined.

This painting as ties in with 'The Card Game' which I recently finished. Thankfully the fox managed to escape the nasty looking stoats at the end of their game, however you can see the chase has only just begun.

2 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

I have always admired how you incorporate Whimsical with realism. I love this piece...

Chris Dunn said...

Thank you Penny